St Mary's Church, Carlton Forehoe
The exterior of this pretty rural church is mainly Perpendicular in design, with the noteable exception of its tower. The latter was completely rebuilt c1713 in flint and red brick with stone on the west face and bears the patriotic cry 'Vivat A [nne] Regina'. The interior is a single, vast, white space - simple but lovely. Only the east window, installed c 1876, contains stained glass.
For further information and to view the details of each window click the boxes below.